Wreath Making

Super Simple Burlap Wreath

Hey guys! It's Jessica from This - N - That Furniture & Crafts again. I don't know about you but it really doesn't have to be a specific season of the year or a special holiday to make a wreath. Any day of the year is perfectly okay for a little splash of color. I do have a tendency to lean toward burlap because I feel its a universal color and material. you can go floral, rustic and even elegant with burlap. Really there isn't a wrong way to make a wreath! Am I right?

You basically only need ribbon or tule, any type of floral arrangement if you choose to have flowers in your wreath. I sat down the other day and just decided I wanted a little splash of color in my dining room! It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish to put this little beauty together. Well, when I finally decided what I wanted.

The natural look of burlap fits my overall rustic theme I'm going for in my home. I'm really into that country vibe and burlap has so many variations how could you go wrong? 




This burlap wreath was so incredibly easy that I was a little sad to be done with it! This technique is probably what I would recommend to beginners who haven't made wreaths before. If your not looking for elaborateness with your wreath then a simple wrapping method works great. It also helps when you have a limited supply of ribbon and is a super quick way of adding a sleek look to any wreath.


For my wreath I only had a handful of materials that I already had on hand. But traditionally you will need the following:

  • Burlap Ribbon 2-3 rolls
  • 14" Wire Wreath Frame
  • Floral Wire
  • Scissors
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Glue Sticks
  • Embellishments

When I came to attaching my burlap I just tied one end to the wire wreath frame because I knew it would be hidden when I went to wrap the rest of the wreath. You can certainly attach your burlap with floral wire if you desire. From there I just continued to wrap the burlap around the frame in a single wrap making sure to overlap the last wrap so there wouldn't be any gaps. I did put a drop of hot glue on the end of the ribbon and glued it inside of the previous wrap on the back side of the wreath where it couldn't be seen.

Next I picked out some floral pieces I had in my floral stash that were already cut down from a previous project. I just placed them together and used a bit of floral wire to keep them together until I hot glued them into place on the wreath.

When I was happy with my floral placement I took two different colors of ribbon and made several loops and just glued them within the floral pieces to make it look like a bow. Not bad If I don't say so myself! You can make your loops as big or as small as you would like. Its really about what suits you.




Lastly, I took a colored ribbon and made another loop only this time I looped the top part of the wired wreath inside the loop and secured it to make a hanger. It not only served it's purpose but it blended in really well and looked like it was part of the bow. 

Here's the finished wreath! I absolutely love it! What do you think? 


Don't forget to hit the subscribe button so you don't miss anything crafty! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All in a Day's Crafting

New Blogger Here! Let me introduce myself!

How to Remove Labels from Glass the Easy Way